Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Poppy Waffle


I started weaving this today today. In future I am always going to do a sample when changing the weave structure. On this scarf I started as soon as I could after lacing on and I had a succession of gremlins (broken selvedge, incorrect warp tension, shuttle too tight, weight falling off the warp beam) within the first nine inches. Once all these things were fixed and I was into the rhythm of the weave everything was fine.

I won't be doing much weaving over the Easter weekend as we are off down south to a rello bash but I might be able to get a bit more done on Monday and I should have it off the loom by next weekend. Then I have to decide what to put on this loom next; at the moment it is a toss up between huck lace or deflected double weave.

1 comment:

  1. This article is really well-thought of. I feel that this will really help me with my current project as I learned a lot of key points from your article. Thank you for posting this up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome