Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Flying shuttle on Nilart and not enough heddles on Ashford

Whilst cleaning my Nilart I decided to fit the flying shuttle beater. The fitting was no problem, but oh my gosh, do those shuttles go! The second picture shows the barricades of pillows that I had to put in place to catch the damn thing before it wreaked total havoc. Once I realised that the problem was that the cord was too loose and was deflecting the shuttle order was restored.

I was very tempted to put on a warp straight away so I could start using it but I was very good and stuck to my plans to work on the stitched double weave sampler.

 Before I do anything else I have to put on some more heddles; not my favourite task. I do feel that the manufacturers could have supplied just a few more to start off with. The draft that I am using has one layer threaded on shafts 7 and 8 whilst the other layer is spread between shafts 1 to 6, hence the discrepancy in heddle numbers. The same problem would have arisen if I had decided to do some Huck.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin
    How wide is the Nilart? Fly shuttles seem mean beasts - Kaz has a photo of some damage here - http://curiousweaver.id.au/archives/241.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will like to buy texolv heddles

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome