Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back to the Tent Stitch

The sample did not work as I planned as I put on a ridiculously short warp so I was only able to do about two inches of the double weave that I wanted to sample but I did manage about eight inches of double two. I have rolled it up and put it away for consideration some time in the future.

My next project will be a blanket (twill blocks) using the flying shuttle on my Nilart. Whilst I have been planning this  I have resurrected a piece of needlepoint that I haven't touched for nearly three year, in fact since I took up weaving. It took me a while to remember the basic tent stitch, but I am up and running now, and will get this finished before I start on the blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome