Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yarn shopping

I have been yarn shopping.



































The cones are of 20/2 NM Merino which hasn't been treated so it shrinks and felts very nicely as shown here and here. I bought it from Yarn Barn, West Coburg, Victoria.

I bought the skeins from Glenora Weaving and Wool which is based in Gerringong, New South Wales. I took a train down from Sydney so that I could have a browse before buying. I bought some more Mora 20/2, Alpaca Silk 28/2 and variegated 20/2 Silk. All are destined to be combined with the 20/2 Merino in various ways.

The first project will be a differential shrinkage shawl, similar to the scarf that I wove just before Christmas. I will be using analogous shades of blue. The blue 20/2 merino (almost a Royal Blue) is to be partnered with some 28/2 Alpaca Silk (Peacock). The colours are not quite as close together as the photo below would suggest. The peacock yarn is, well, peacock!



I have completed my project plan and shall start putting on the warp tomorrow. My deadline for this shawl is the 21st February - delivered!



The Monks Belt that I was working on is trimmed and washed. Here it is in a couple of cushion mock ups.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely new yarn order! Your project plan so well worked out. Thanks for sharing. It will be a joy to weave with these lovely yarns and colours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome