Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Overshot Sampler

The overshot sampler was finished before Christmas.


 I tried as many yarns as I could for the pattern weft, some were good and some were shocking but I deem the project to be a success in that I now have definite ideas about the yarns I shall be using for my three planned overshot projects!


Upholstery - 16/2 cotton for warp and tabby, 11/2 wool (bendigo 2 ply) for patern weft.

Wall hanging - 16/2 coton for warp and tabby, DMC perle cotton #5 for pattern weft. I might well do the wall hanging in Monks Belt.

Scarf & Shawl - 28/2 alpacca-silk for warp, 28/2 merino for tabby ( or maybe 28/2 silk as well) and 18/2 Zephyr wool-silk for pattern weft


The actual projects will have to wait as I have just started a turned taquete shawl - more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome