Sunday, August 24, 2014

Delayed project

After I finished my last differential shrinkage shawl I wound another warp onto the back beam and was ready to start the tie on in April. Other things intervened and I did not return to the project until earlier this month. The shawl is now off the loom and all that I have to do is full it and it will be done.



For this red shawl I have used the same yarns and draft as the blue/turquoise one. The birthday of the intended recipient is long gone and she is expecting in about 8 weeks which means that I need to get a move on with a baby blanket. I have toyed with doing an overshot coverlet but I haven't left myself enough time so I am planning something in huck in 8/2  cotton.