Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tapestry


At long last I have finished this tapestry. The most difficult part was deciding how I as going to treat the dangling ends. I tried several treatments but ended up with this one which is made of painted fishing weights. I shall call this work " Composition in cotton, wool, lead, acrylic and bamboo"! The bamboo bit is the hanging stick.

The tapestry workshop that I referred to in an earlier post has been and gone. The topic for our work was "The Owl and the Pussycat". This photos below shows how far I have got.


 I am finding the diagonal lines very tricky! I hope to find some time over the Christmas holidays to get it finished but in the meantime I have a threaded loom which is calling out to me to weave some stitched double eave and turned taquete.